I want to make your photo experience as stress-free and beautiful as possible. For that reason, I am a Castle Rock photographer who is a Style & Select member. I also keep a client closet from which you are welcome to borrow! If you are drawn to my warm and romantic style of outdoor sunset portraiture, you might not realize that a large part of that is wardrobe styling. Together we will style your family’s wardrobe so you look and feel beautiful! So let’s dive in and help you dress for photographs that will be keepsakes for lifetimes.
EDITED TO ADD: CLICK FOR MY NEW OFFICIAL STYLE AND PREP MAGAZINE
Quick Tips for Sunset Sessions
- TONES – Desaturated Earth tones are flattering, modern but timeless. Think brown, rust (not orange), mustard (not yellow), mauve (not pink), maroon (not red), and sage green.
- COORDINATE – We are going for complimentary color palates that work with the landscape and with each other. Everyone in different shades of the same color just doesn’t work. Pick two colors for a couple family members to wear and then fill in with lots of neutrals (tan/khaki, grey, white or cream).
- MIX – Don’t be afraid to mix colors, textures (lace, knits), layers, and accessories. Add a cardigan, a hat, suspenders. This adds interest and gives you something to do with your hands when they’re not on your family.
- MOMS – Don’t be afraid to put on a dress!! You may not think you are a “dress person,” but the movement and emotion of a beautiful dress takes your family portraits to the next level.
- DADS – Men always look better in nice tees, henleys, sweaters, or full button shirts (sporty polos don’t have a great place here).
- If Dad “has” to wear jeans, let him be the only one. No more than one family member should be in blue jeans. Think green or brown denim or tan khaki if you’re stumped on the guys. We want to pull in all the Earth tones we can.
- SHOES – Don’t forget nice shoes! Skip the sporty Nikes. Go for canvas or leather lace ups for the guys and sandals for the gals. And don’t be surprised if I ask mama and the kiddos to kick off those shoes at some point during the session!
Style & Select provided by your Photographer
Please visit Style & Select and enter my email address firstname.lastname@example.org with the access code I’ve provided for you. There will be a section with my “Client Closet” pieces that are available to borrow from me, your Castle Rock photographer. For all other items that aren’t in my closet, you’ll receive links to personally purchase each piece, or you can just use it as a guide to shop stores (and your closet) on your own.
Once you have some ideas of what you’d like to wear, send them over to me! I’m happy to give you suggestions and input, or if you want to put the styling completely in my hands, I can do that too! I can’t wait to create some amazing art with your sweet and beautiful family.
PHOTOGRAPHY BY ALYSSUM, LLC, IS A NEWBORN, BABY, MATERNITY, AND FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHER LOCATED IN CASTLE ROCK, CO, AND IS CURRENTLY SERVING DOUGLAS COUNTY, JEFFERSON COUNTY, ARAPAHOE COUNTY, CASTLE ROCK, LARKSPUR, HIGHLANDS RANCH, LITTLETON, CENTENNIAL, DENVER, AND THE SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES. CONTACT TO SCHEDULE YOUR SESSION.